Church and German graves in Gostilitsy; later converted into a cinema and soldiers‘ club, October 1941.

War graves near the church in Gostilitsy in October 1941; the building was later used as a cinema and soldiers‘ club.

War graves near the church in Gostilizy in October 1941.

The graves shown in the image were relocated during the war to the central cemetery in Narva established by the Wehrmacht. The Wehrmacht later used the church itself as a cinema, while surrounding houses served as a soldiers’ club. Unlike the destroyed palace complex at Gostilizy, the religious building survived; according to local research and oral history, this was largely due to the efforts of a pastor in the post-war period who initiated its reconstruction and repair.

The visually distinct text was created in July 2026 with the help of the AI ​​Gemini. - Page translated with Google.